First and foremost, the up bringing of dogs is an incredible aspect of life. A lot of people in this era, on a large scale, have an interest in bringing up dogs. However, training a dog is absolutely amusing as it may serve for the purpose you desire.
The absolute faction about the training of dogs or puppies is that it is a very huge project, you must work hard to keep your dog or puppy sound and safe. In training your dog or puppy, what you ought to do is to make sure that you follow all the step by step guide set for the up bringing of dogs or puppies. By executing the steps properly you will find their up bringing far less easy.
In training your dog you might have set up the basic foundation before you start. Never the less basic foundation is the first necessary steps that have to be taken in the up bringing of dogs or puppies.
Now back to the point. Remember that it is very easy for dogs to contract worms in this process. Dogs or puppies are really exposed to the attack of worms. This is why deworming of dogs is highly recommended and essential so as to keep your dogs free from worms. Since dogs are exposed to the attack of worms, there is the possibility that the dogs may contact worms from their mother during the time of birth, pregnancy, or during nursing. Dogs or puppies can also easily contact worms from venomous food, soil, water and eating of feces. Therefore when your dog or puppy have stayed up to an age of two to three weeks, it absolutely important you deworm your dog and be free from worms.
How Dogs Can Be Treated
On a normal scale, dogs receive treatment with simple medication which may be given to them in a form of pill or liquid in other to be set free from worms. You could get the Best Dog Dewormer just to make sure your dog or puppy is set free from worms. Moreover, here is the list of seven essential tips you can use for deworming your dog or puppy.
1). Consulting The Veterinarian:
Why do you need to consult the veterinary physician, when it happens that you just bought a dog or puppy, the veterinary physician is the right person who will have to examine your dog and its stool. And confirm if your dog is really victimized by worms. So always take your dog to a veterinary physician to help you know the state of your dog.
2). Your Dog’s Stool Sample:
When going to visit your veterinary physician, remember to go along with a fresh stool of your dog as the veterinary physician will have to examine your dog and its stool. Taking a fresh stool of your dog to the veterinary physician will help him to spot the worms in your dog. You can get the sample of your dog’s stool by using a sealed plastic bag. Then take it along with you to the veterinary physician. Moreover, most of the other worms are microscopic which cannot be seen ordinarily, unless with the use of a microscope. Nevertheless, it is the only microscope that is eligible to spot microorganisms. So it is clearly advisable to always make a trip to the veterinary physician for check up in other to spot the worms from your dog. And then begin the necessary medication immediately.
3). Obtain Deworming Medication:
Deworming medication is absolutely essential for your dog. Lots of veterinary physicians sell deworming medication which you can even find that at the front of their offices. That will a least save you a trip to a dog store for deworming medication. The deworming medication can be in a chewable and liquid form which is mostly sold at wide home distribution store and at dogs shops respectively.
What To Do Before Medication
Before medication below are what the veterinary physician may ask you to do.
- Your veterinary physician may ask you to go together with your dog for the visit before he can offer medication prescription.
- Worms are of different types and which their medication defers every worm that you know has it own medication. That’s why you need to visit your veterinary physician for the right treatment.
- To get the appropriate medication product for your dog or puppy, you are absolutely free to ask your veterinary physician. However, deworming medication treat all kinds of worms like ringworms, tapeworms, roundworms etc. Always go to your veterinarian in other to specify the particular medication for the particular kind of worm your dog or puppy is suffering from.
4). The Veterinarian Recommendation:
As a dog owner or trainer in other to keep your dog healthy and be free from worms. You don’t have to do things of a head. You need to consult your veterinary physician to give you his recommendation. Because varieties of dog dewormer have dangerous side effects. It is essential to ask for your veterinarian’s recommendation. He may have the Best Dog Dewormer for your dog or puppy. Moreover, the Veterinary physician Recommendation is absolutely needed thus to get the appropriate medication for your dog.
What You Must Have To Know
As your Veterinary physician might recommend here is a list of few things to take down.
- Select the Best Dog Dewormer that is capable to eradicate the kind of worm your dog is suffering from. Some dewormer does not match to eradicate all types of worms that you know. If unluckily you give your dog the inappropriate medication, it will not be effective upon the worm your dog contacted. Unless the appropriate medication suited for the particular kind of worm your dog is suffering from is given. Therefore always makes sure that you identify the type of worm your dog contacted in other to sort out the right medication.
- Consult your veterinary physician to examine your dog or puppy. So as to identify the type of worm your dog contacted. And if it warrants you to do it yourself, you can but recommended you are expected to consult your veterinary physician because he has all the necessary tools for that.
- However always consult your veterinary physician whenever you tend to use any of these products.
- Remember to always go through the level of the medication product you are purchasing for your dog. Assure that it is the appropriate medication product for your dog or puppy. This is because some dewormers are not made for dogs or puppies and can lead your dog to hazardous state. Moreover, having a closer look at the label will tell you whether it is for the dog or not for a dog.
why do you need to check the weight of your dog? The reason is that weighing your dog or puppy help you determine whether you are giving your dog the right dosage as prescribed. However, before giving your dog or puppy the medication, it is really important to weigh your dog. Nevertheless, to uphold the appropriate weight is highly important for your dog’s well-being. It is a task or a responsibility for a dog owner to watch the dog’s weight and take action when needed. Despite the standard means of measuring weight, you can still find other ways to identify whether your dog is overweight or not.
Method Of Weighing Your Dog
To weigh your dog or puppy these method below are absolutely necessary. There are:
- If you are weighing a small dog, the first thing picks the dog up, if you can lift your dog easily and comfortably, you can weigh your dog using the bathroom scale. Lift your dog upright in your arms and hold it tight so that it will not wiggle around that may cause it falling to the ground.
- Grab your dog with your two arms, holding the dog tight closely to the center of your body as if you want to give it some feelings.
- Get the scale and step on to it. Wait for some few duration for the scale to record the weight. You can record down the weight if you wish to but it is advisable to record the weight you got on any personal journal of yours further calculation.
- Drop down the dog from your arms and weigh yourself without the dog, record your weight while you are standing on the scale.
- Then subtract your weight from the first measurement you recorded and you will get the weight of the dog. For instance, if your first measurement recorded 150 pounds and your own weight which you take alone on the scale recorded 90 pounds. Now to get the weight of the dog, you will calculate by subtracting 90 from 150 which will result to 60 pounds. That means your dog is weighing 60 pounds.
- Your veterinary physician should be able to tell you the actual weight your dog should maintain.
- In weighing a large dog you need to do the following: you need to build a platform over your home scale, if you don’t have a scale at home you can take your dog somewhere, like the bus station. Because bus station mostly has an oversize scale which is used for weighing loads.
- You can even take your dog to the vet and take note of your dog actual weight.
“if you discover that your dog is underweight do not make an attempt of forcing your dog or puppy to eat food. All that you need to do is to keep the food out for the dog always so that it can eat anytime it feels like to eat. And if your dog does not use to eat enough food, kindly consult your veterinary physician.”
- Syringe Dosage: to get the right dosage of the syringe you will have to fill the syringe to the correct prescription given by your veterinary physician on the syringe package.
6). What You Need To Consider
- First, always go through the medication, to know if the medication should be given in an empty stomach or else. Follow the instructions given to maintain proper medication.
- Others package of the syringe are pre-filled and if found pre-filed you are eligible to jump this step.
- When giving the medication to your dog try to get your dog’s attention. After you have succeeded over your dog attention, kindly use your free hand to open the dog’s mouth.
- Place the medication into the mouth of the dog. Once the dog opens its mouth, put it in and assure that the dog swallows it. Moreover, if you are giving your dog the liquid medication using a syringe, make sure that the tip of the syringe is not less than 2 inches or 5.1 cm right inside the mouth of the dog.
- Should be In case you are giving your dog or puppy medicated pills. Make sure you set the tip of the syringe back to 3 inches or 7.1 cm right inside the mouth of the dog and assure that it swallow it.
7). Medication Schedule:
Your veterinary physician will instruct you the time and number of times you are expected to give your dog the medication. Medication schedule has to be properly maintained. This is because the deworming medication is completely effective. If it is given to your dog or puppy many times, the number of times and the number of frequency of the dosages will be different base on the type or brand of medication that is prescribed for the dog or puppy. Moreover most at times after a single dosage, some worms become live and effective. In this situation, the dog will really need more dewormer.
Therefore go in search of the Best Dog Dewormer that can help eradicate any form of worm affecting your dog or puppy. At last after following all these steps. It is advisable that you should take as ample of your dog’s stool to the veterinary physician for another checkup to confirm if your dog is finally free from a worm.
Author Bio: Mike Stiven is an entrepreneur, junkie Pet lover and passionate blogger who wrote for PetsHaunt.com.He has extensive experience and expertise in writing about pets. He helps new pet owners to choose the best products for their pet.